DataFromSky is participating on Hi-Tech China exhibition in Shenzhen! One of the biggest hi-tech event in Asia is held from 14. to 18. 11. 2018 in the Convention and Exhibition Center in Shenzhen. You can find us on the stand together with the Czech governmental agency Czech Trade. Come to visit us on stand nb. 1A93 in Hall 1!
Click here to see the event’s website.
DataFromSky participated on the Traffic Expo in India, Mumbai, alongside with our partner VTRAC Worldwide. Our AAI, Aerial Artificial Intelligence, aroused big interest among many visitors of this smart traffic exhibition.
Have a look at a few photos from our stand!
Next station? Hi-Tech Exhibition in Shenzhen, China, 14.-18.11. 2018, come to visit us on our stand n.1A93, Hall 1 in Convention and Exhibition Center in Shenzhen!
Roelofs, partner of DataFromSky for BENELUX region, is participating on the National Traffic Science Congress, held on 31st October and 1st November 2018 in Conference Center in ‘s-Hertogenbosch, Netherlands.
During the congress on November 1st, Mr. Tim Adema, the head of the Traffic & Transport cluster in Roelofs, will give a lecture on the Traffic Research and will discuss the use of drones and advanced software analytics in traffic surveys. The topic to the discussion is also what are the main advantages of drones in traffic surveys over the traditional methods.
Do not miss the lecture Traffic research 2.0: Thursday 1 November 15:40 and find out more about the innovative approach of the traffic surveys using drones and DataFromSky software!
We are proud to announce that a new version of the DataFromSky Viewer is now available and brings lots of new amazing features for the advanced Safety Analysis. Do you want to evaluate how many risky situations and dangerous driving events occurred on the road? Use our DataFromSky intelligence! We can count the milliseconds to the near accident and predict the accident before it happened!
Traffic safety is a very important subject in the traffic industry and therefore our focus in this version was mainly on the new Safety Analysis feature that detects traffic conflicts like Time to Collision, Post-Encroachment Time or Heavy Braking in the scene. The DataFromSky Viewer now becomes a first tool that allows the user to detect and interactively analyse various traffic conflict situations between different traffic objects. Besides the standard ways of detecting the preemtive traffic conflicts, we used an innovative approach to simulate traffic object movement. Due to the huge interest in the traffic Safety Analysis, you can look forward to new features regarding this topic in the near future.
Enjoy a video showing an example usage of the new Safety Analysis feature:
The development of DataFromSky Safety Analysis features is done in collaboration with FAST VUT Brno and is supported by Technological Agency of Czech Republic (TAČR, project TH02010882).Read more
A very good summarizing article about the capabilities of DataFromSky and how the advanced image data processing is contributing to optimize the urban mobility has been published on LinkedIn. Several use cases in which the data from the sky might be helpful are described by this article:
– possibility of analyzing the traffic node in terms of traffic safety – based on the detection of risky situations, near accidents and collisions
– analysis of interaction of vehicles, cyclists and pedestrians in public areas such as in surroundings of schools, city centers, bus and train stations etc.
– studies of parking lots utilization, behavior of vehicles in a carpark
– and many other applications which you can think about
To summarize, the greatest benefits of traffic research from the aerial video using advanced software for image processing are:
A) Accurate and detailed data about traffic from the bird’s eye perspective:
– complete trajectory and moving patterns of each traffic participant
– complex OD- matrix – vehicle counts, turning movements
– speed and acceleration profile of each vehicle
– vehicle classification into categories (car / heavy vehicle / bus, / motorcycle etc.)
– measurement of travel time and stationary time (queuing time)
– advanced heatmaps based on the velocity, acceleration, traffic flow
– evaluation of traffic safety (detection of near accidents based on calculation of Time to Collision [TTC], detection of risky situations or inappropriate driving behavior, heavy breaking)
B) Reliable, detailed research without influencing traffic behavior (inconspicuous solution).
C) Ultimate traffic research, almost without a human intervention – based on the machine learning and DNN.
D) Powerful tool which can improve traffic safety and urban planning of many Smart cities.
Do you want to know more? Read the whole article – click on this link.