We are proud to announce that we have connected DataFromSky with a simulation model VISSIM! PTV Vissim is a microscopic multi-modal traffic flow simulation software package developed by PTV Group, first developed in 1992 and nowadays, Vissim is a global market leader in microscopic simulation models! The simulation displays all road users and their interactions in one model.
We have created a promo video demonstrating how to export the results from DataFromSky and use it as an input in Vissim. This possibility opens so many opportunities how to utilize the real data from DataFromSky analysis and how to increase the accuracy of your simulation model!
What kind of data can be exported and what are the plans for further interconnection?
– traffic counts
– vehicle category (number of cars, heavy vehicles, buses, motorcycles etc.)
– turning movements – route decisions and routes
– speeds for model calibration
– travel times (between two defined gates)
– headways between two vehicles following each other (gap in seconds) – advanced gap analysis and headways data provided only by DataFromSky!
– queue lengths (will be added)
The video plays also the role of the very first User manual video of DataFromSky Viewer – it describes the process of creating counting gates in order to export the Origin-destination data and import them into Vissim. Other short instructional videos will follow soon!
Enjoy the video:
When carrying out a complex traffic study, it may be difficult to map the entire traffic situation, especially with traditional methods. Using a solution in form of traffic research from air with a drone and DataFromSky software, all movements are recorded down and analyzed to the smallest detail for unlimited data. In addition to junctions and road sections, the system is also suitable for parking areas, events, station environments or terminals.
The benefits of traffic research from the aerial video:
- accurate data about traffic flow (counts), turning movements, speed, acceleration, travel time, stationary time (queing time) and many other traffic parameters
- reliable, detailed research without influencing traffic behavior (inconspicuous solution)
- full traffic research, almost without a human intervention
- tool to improve traffic safety
- perfect communication tool for organizations, citizens and politics
Simple insight into all data
The knowledge in form of a aerial video with exact traffic parameters, speed measurements and identification of inappropriate or dangerous behavior is a very powerful communication tool for organizations, citizens and politicians alike. Moreover, it is fairly easy to evaluate, or use the results immediately in programs for traffic simulation models such as VISSIM.
Our partner in the BENELUX region – Roelofs – has recently carried out such complex traffic analysis accross the Netherlands using the drones to analyse the crossroads – especially roundabouts and signalized intersections.
Speed-based trajectories in the analyzed area
The results obtained thanks to DataFromSky were further used to create a simulation model in VISSIM, using the real data about: vehicle categories, speed and acceleration in crossroad, intensities on each lane, vehicle gap time and origin destination statistics. This is the most accurate simulation you can achieve by using real world data! If you want to get more detailed information about the analysis results, click here .
For any inquiry of complex traffic study in regions of Netherlands, Belgium or Luxembourg, please contact our direct distributor of DataFromSky service for the above-mentioned areas:
Tim Adema (Senior advisor for traffic and transport): firstname.lastname@example.org
Marcel Grit (Commercial director): email@example.com