DataFromSky team is constantly working on developing and upgrading our software tool for advanced data visualization and interpretation DataFromSky Viewer. We have recently released a new enhanced version of this tool, including many improvements, modifications and new features! The new version of the Viewer is much more user-friendly, we have simplified the structure of the Menu and the main toolbar and make the UI easier to work with.
What are the most important news and features added?
– possibility to export the data in WGS84 coordinates
– measurement of headways both in seconds and in meters (exporting these data to CSV is a matter of course)
– possibility to export the data for all configured gates into one single file,
– possibility to export a video with anonymization regions
– video position is shown also in milliseconds from the start of the video
– added information about the number of currently occurring trajectories in the frame
– video rotation
We have also created a completely new DataFromSky Demo package for you! You can download a free trial version of DataFromSky Viewer with the full functionality directly on our website (go on our homepage and click on “Try and See” at the bottom)! The demo package contains one short sample video of a roundabout and presents what is DataFromSky capable of in its full version:
– creating and definition of counting gates by the user
– classification of all objects (including bicycles or pedestrians)
– advanced export functions into CSV, XLS, AutoCad enabled
– OD matrix/turn count in defined directions – color overlay, excel report for all configured gates
– speeds and acceleration measurement anywhere in the scene – displayed number or colored overlay –> creation of heat maps
– advanced traffic analysis: Time to Follow (Tf) or Gap Time analysis (Tg)
– stationary time measurement and export
– headways measurement and export in seconds and meters
Take a look at this video, where the basic system functionalities are presented to provide you quick and easy introduction to the software environment. Click on this link.
Naturally, we do not rest on our laurels and we are already working on a new version of the Viewer, which includes the advanced Safety analysis and detection of collisions and near accidents. Follow our progress!
We have recently released a new enhanced version of DataFromSky Viewer! You can download the demo package at the home page. The list of differences includes a lot of things, so let’s take a look at few of them.
New feature? Calculate and export headways!
Have a look on the picture below, how to display the headway data in the Viewer. It is important to have the gates set properly per each lane to get the most accurate data. Once you have all the gates defined, choose one gate in the Traffic Analysis Gates box and click on button “Show” in More Statistics option. In a newly opened window, there is possibility to click on Calculate headways. The system will automatically calculate headways for all defined gates in the video. The headway data can be exported to the CSV file, simply by clicking on “Export”.
Movement Dynamics Graph
We have visualized movement dynamics for each trajectory into a graph containing information about the vehicle’s speed and acceleration (total, lateral or tangential). This graph can be created for each selected trajectory.
Some other improvements…
Added option in CSV trajectory export to select time origin of the exported time stamps. Three options are available (the timestamp will be exported in accordance to the selected option):
Rewritten Gap-Time/Time-to-follow analysis to support better fine-tuned parameters
Added dialog for export of Gap-Time/Time-to-follow to enable user provided parameters for the analysis and export
Added manual (in pdf file) explaining the Gap-Time/Time-to-follow analysis
- Start of Video Sequence
- Start of Tracking Log
- Start of Trajectory
How to apply multicriteria selection for all trajectories and choose only the ones you want? With DataFromSky Viewer – sofisticated software for advanced traffic data interpretation and visualization, you are able to create not only the simple Origin Destination Matrix, but with advanced setttings, the multi-criteria selection for the trajectories can be applied.
Following gif presents detailed process, how to do it:
Usecase shown in the gif
If you want to track particular path and see how many vehicles have used that combination, a selection tool can be used.
In step 1, selection criteria for Entry and Exit gate were defined and all the trajectories, which have not used this combination were removed. After this selection, 4 trajectories remain.
Step 2 – As we wanted to know, how many cars leaving the service station in the South exit will turn right on the crossroad, another selection critera was applied. This condition specifies that only trajectories, which have used the combination Entry gate: south exit of the service station and Exit gate: turning right on the traffic lights, will be shown. Finally, only 2 trajectories left, which fulfill all the above defined criteria.
Why is the multi-criteria selection useful?
– show only the trajectories you want
– monitor and analyze traffic behavior in a defined way
– monitor time cars spend in service station / facilities
– find traffic patterns, identify problematic zones
We are pleased to announce that DataFromSky Viewer is available in a box version as well. And depending on your needs, this is not a bad option! Sometimes, a physical item is required. The box contains a DVD with the software, a printed user guide and DataFromSky brochure. Email, phone and Skype support can not be printed and put into the box, but are part of the deal, of course!
For more information about purchasing box version, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form.